This section introduces you to MongoDB indexes that help perform queries faster and more efficiently. After completing the tutorials in this section, you’ll have a good understanding of indexes and how to use them more effectively. You’ll understand the following key topics:
- What indexes are and why you need to use them.
- How to select fields to index.
- Understand various types of indexes in MongoDB.
- How to evaluate the index usage.
- How to manage indexes such as creating and removing them.
Indexes are an important part of your application. And you’ll see that selecting the right indexes for your collections is crucial to performance.
- Create indexes
- Compound indexes
- Index Cardinality
- Explain the explain
- Unique indexes
- Partial Indexes